Friday, January 24, 2014

Swapping 101: Drinks



I feel like doing a eat this not that or healthy alternatives to everyday food. This one will be drinks!





                                     For

Coke products contain not so good for you chemicals. High fructose corn syrup spikes your blood sugar making you feel blah after a while. It doesn't have any good nutrients, just bad carbs. Izze is a sparkling juice that has a sweet bubbly taste like pop. All it has are juice concentrates and sparkling juice. So, you get good fruit carbs and feel more hydrated afterwards.



                 For       

everyone knows diet soda is oh so bad for your body. I know, know. You want to lose weight but you need something that has taste with no calories. But drinking diet pop can make you addicted to it and not feel satisfied giving you sugar cravings. I used to drink 2 diet pops for a day before, just because it had no calories. But honestly, you're off better drinking regular pop without aspartame. I promised myself I wouldn't drink one diet pop this year, and if I craved one, I would make myself a nutritious smoothie to fill me up on vitamins ,But, if you still want pop but don't want the sugar spike, try zevia! It is quite expensive a 1$ a can, but it is sweetened with natural sweeteners like stevia. So you won't consume chemicals that make your body cry!




                For                   

People usually drink red bull or some other energy drink for you guessed it, energy. The obscured amount of caffeine in it is what wakes people up. I definitely would not drink this for breakfast. If you need something to wake you up, try a big glass of fresh juice. Fruit you juice yourself has simple sugars which give off fast energy to kick start your day. I like juicing a big batch of basically whatever fruit I have and a vegetable. today I made a juice of oranges, apples, and carrots! If your drinking this at a sleepover to stay up the whole night, go ahead. Just don't drink it every week.



                                  For           

Smoothies can either be healthy or very unhealthy. Just because it's a smoothie doesn't mean it's good for you. Restaurants usually use a concentrate of that fruit, which means more sugar and less vitamins and fiber to fill you up. You're better off making a smoothie at home for a much better price. Make sure to use whole fruit and use bananas instead of ice cream. Keep it simple too! Usually I just add frozen berries, chia seeds and water.




FOR
There are so many options of coffee creamer now! Coconut Creme, peppermint mocha, girl scout cookie, vanilla and so much more! And the bottle even says 0 grams of trans fat per serving! WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!! If you look at the ingredients you will see as the 2nd ingredient partially hydrogenated oil. what does hydrogenated oil mean? oil that has been through many chemical stages which creates a man made fat called trans fat that is oh so bad for you. The recommended daily value of trans fat is 0 ZIP SQUAT NONE. But Americans consume more than that which will give you high blood pressure. I used to make my own creamer with sweetened condensed milk and regular milk, or buy natural creamer with no bad ingredients.




I hope you liked learning new things. Next time I'll talk about candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment